Cleaned auto focus SLR camera in [Excellent+], tested and fully working condition.
Comes in its original box and a body cap.
The camera has just a few signs of use.
Small scratches and marks. Mainly on the back and battery door.
Overall, the camera looks pretty clean.
No dust on the focusing screen.
Very clean inside with perfect light seals and mirror damper.
The Battery compartment is clean.
The Nikon F-801, is a 35mm SLR released worldwide in June 1988 and manufactured until 1991. Although its autofocus mechanism is slow in comparison to modern standards, it was an improvement on Nikon’s first attempt at an autofocus SLR the F-501, and proved to be reliable and durable, typical of Nikon’s cameras.
Compared to the late 70’s early and mid 80’s SLR cameras, this is s pretty advanced camera with high shutter speeds and matrix metering mode.
– Fully programmed automatic exposure, Aperture priority, Shutter priority and fully manual exposure control. 30-second to 1/8000-second shutter speed range with bulb mode.
– Evaluative 2D Matrix and 75% Centre-Weighted Average metering modes.
– 1/250-sec. flash synchronisation.
– Film-speed setting from DX code or by manual override (ISO 6 to 6400).
– A Depth of Field preview button allows temporary stopping down to the shooting aperture to check DOF
– A Multiple Exposure facility allows up to nine shots within one frame.
– A unique ‚two shot‘ self-timer. This allowed a second shot to be taken by the self-timer a couple of seconds after the first, giving a more ‚relaxed‘ and unposed picture.
Please take a close look at the pictures.